Friday, October 2, 2009

TGIF!

What a long week!  My son woke up this morning feeling sick.  My hubby called and asked if I could come home and take over because he had a meeting at work.  So I left school at 10:30 a.m. Poor little guy spent the day on the couch with flushed checks and an upset stomach.
Before I went home, I met with my advisory students.  They worked on goals for the year. They complained about having to set goals in each classroom.  That surprised me.  I haven't read the results, but I really hope they took this seriously.  I had the chance to meet with about 1/2 of the group one-on-one to look at their grades on InTouch so far. A few are already falling behind.  Although they are sophomores, they still have not learned to get their assingments from their teachers when they are sick and to actually make up the work in a timely fashion.  I am frustrated about how to get them to keep track of their assignments and follow through.  At least, those with the low grades seemed genuinely concerned and appear to want to bring the grades up.  I had a chance to chat with a new student.
Mrs. W's cancer board is awesome.  I can't wait to see it when it is all done. She is so creative, and her boards always look professional.  I hope a lot of students and staff participate by posting a ribbon representing a friend or family member dealing with cancer.
One last note, Spanish workbooks are finally on their way!  YIPPEEE!

No comments:

Post a Comment