Thursday, October 15, 2009

Survivor Thursday

If yesterday was spot-on, today was simply "A Terrible Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day" even at Sprague.  I definately feel like a survivor.  Just lots of little things all piling up making me question my librarian status.  Funny thing is I was actually rejuvenated at a library meeting after school!  I love it when meetings are worthwhile.
So let's put the day behind us and plan for tomorrow...
I was surfing through my library websites when I came across a few up and coming titles that look interesting.  I read about the National Book Award Nominee Stitches. It is a graphic novel written for adults, but it has crossed over to the YA scene.  The buzz questions is: Should it have been nominated in a YA catagory?  Was it nominated at the YA level because graphic novels have a better shot of winning at the lower level?  Hmmm...gotta get my hands on it.  I love controversy!
Another book I want to read is coming soon, Hush, Hush.  Looks creepy and luscious and scary and page-turning and controversial. See the trailer and judge for yourself!  It is definately on my to-buy list.
I posted the beginning of Viola.  I want to read that one too.
Then there is the huge list I have been gathering from the conference presentations, my own browsing, Mr. L's daily deluge of amazing books, and recommendations.
If only I could have a full-time job doing nothing but reading.  Even then there would not be enough hours in a day.  Maybe I need to take a speed reading class!
Any suggestions???

No comments:

Post a Comment