Thursday, October 22, 2009

Flu, Influenza, H1N1, Sick is Sick No Matter the Name

 Been home battling illness for two days and a third tomorrow.  Cross your fingers, knock on wood, whatever it takes to ensure this is it for the year!
So let's catch up!
Attended my first Authors! Authors! Authors! class on Tuesday night.  Met Sharon Creech.  I enjoyed the background information she shared about her books, but I did not like the reader's theatre presentation.  She had people from the audience read parts of her books.  I have read the books so I didn't need to hear them.  I can to listen to her.  The best part?  I had her sign her newest book, The Unfinished Angel.
Even though I am home, I work on my laptop in my PJs on the couch with my feet up.  I keep up on all the school emails, schedule computer labs, research new books, watch new book trailers, etc. Today I attended a YABookBuzz webinar on new books to look for in the winter and spring.  I am most excited about a new graphic novel from Jane Yolen, her first.  It is called Foiled and is due in May 2010. A few other books to be on the lookout for:
The Caretaker Trilogy Book 3: Timelock by David Klass
"In its own Al Gore Meets Grand Theft Auto way, [the Caretaker Trilogy] delivers a heartfelt and intelligent ecological warning." —The New York Times Book Review
 The Gardener by S. A. Bodeen, author of The Compound
The Miles Between by Mary Pearson, author of The Adoration of Jenna Fox

No comments:

Post a Comment