Tuesday, September 22, 2009

A Very Satisfying Day!

Today was one of those days when I didn't have anything scheduled on my agenda.  I was able to stay in the library all day and get things accomplished. Although we worked hard, Mrs. W. and I agreed that we always leave feeling like we didn't accomplish anything.  For everything I check off my list, I think I add three more things! :)
So here is what I did...
Finished checking all the web addresses and passwords for all the programs provided to Sprague's staff and students. I created and sent out a beautiful bookmark listing all the necessary info.  AWESOME!
I sent back three sets of Accounting "workpapers" that we will not be using due to the new textbook adoption.  It took some digging and phone calls to figure out what gets returned where and whether or not we can return it all. I shipped everything to purchasing to work their magic. It will be nice to have that credit because we need to order more textsbooks and items due to the huge increase in our population this year.  525 Freshman...WOW!
I am in the process of collecting all the "JUNK" laying around to send to surplus.  Funny how everyone comes to the library for DVD players, carts with plug-ins, extension cords, power stips, speakers, computer equipment, thousands of types of cables, etc.  They love to take whatever they can get their hands giving little or no thought who it belongs to or whether or not it is locked up for a reason.  Scary the carnage left behind! The workroom has become a drop off for all sorts of interesting things...a huge plotter?, an old copy machine, overhead projectors, TVs, VCRs, fans, etc. So I am going to collect it all and send it to surplus on October 2.  Stay tuned for how that goes!
Funny note:  I sent out a surplus collection notice and recieved an email back asking for a DVD player with a remote!  I really wish I had a magic wand to fulfill everyone's wishes.
The last thing I did today was order new power strips for the AV carts.  I am learning so much about small equipment repair.  Librarians really are Jacks of all Trades!
More book talks tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment