Monday, September 21, 2009

Monday...Monday

So I left the blog for a couple of days, and I am back again.  I even remembered how to log in!  What an accomplishment. :)
Today I was BUSY!  I gave book talks to Ms. P's classes - 2 sets of juniors and 1 fresman group. I have a couple of classes left to go this week.  I love to talk books. However, it is a challenge to keep reading new books to present.  No matter how many books I read, there are always hundreds more that I haven't!  Sometimes what appeals to me, doesn't appeal to the students. I get frustrated when I book talk a book, and everyone wants to check it out, but I only have a couple of copies! 
I have started a list of books that the students have requested that the library doesn't have.  I wish we had a Barnes & Noble as Borders just doesn't have all that we want!  I also love all the authors that present in the B&N stores.  Scott Westerfeld presents on Oct.10.  I will miss him because I will be at the OASL conference.
What is OASL? Oregon Association of School Libraries.  I am the conference chair for this year's conference in Salem on Oct. 9-10.  The theme is Get Graphic!  I hope to have my manga club students volunteer at the conference in their cosplay outfits.  Awesome!
My next hurdle is to revamp the Sprague Library Website.  I also need to update all of the usernames and passwords so students can access all that is available from home.  Stay tuned to see how that goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment