Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Come on Baby, Let the Good Times Roll...

Today I have song tunes running through my head.  Ms. A. came by and mentioned how she was making posters of song quotes for her room.  That got me thinking of all my favorite tunes.  Here is my current favorite:

Life's a dance you learn as you go
Sometimes you lead, sometimes you follow
Don't worry about what you don't know
Life's a dance you learn as you go
          -John Michael Montgomery

When I arrived at work today, I had a huge present waiting for me.  Mrs. M gave me an awesome painting of a kitty that she created.  I can't even begin to describe it so you need to stop by the library and take a look! Mrs. W received one too.  It is wonderful to work with such creative talent!  THANK YOU!!

Tomorrow is the first meeting of the Sprague Book Club.  Mrs. M and I created a fun little literary quiz and have some snacks ready.  I really hope a nice group shows up!  I have been working on a huge book order, and I want some input from students on what is HOT! and what is NOT!  I also want to take a trip to Borders and let the students buy books for the library.

I am working my way through a truck load of books by Mr. L.  He has an amazing collection that he is sharing with me.  If I don't have one of the books in the library, then I read through the book, check the reviews, see if it is in other libraries, and then decide whether or not to add it to my library order.  Each day, he brings in more so I need to keep busy reading.  It is like getting Christmas presents every day!

Did I mention that I love my job?
.

No comments:

Post a Comment