Monday, November 16, 2009

What are You Allergic To?

So I went to the doctor today.  I was poked 32 times with various samples of allergens.  I sat for 20 minutes only to find out that I am officially allergic to...COCKROACHES! My doctor assured me that I probably won't be bothered much around Oregon, but I could have problems if I move to the deep South! Why am I sharing this?  Well, just in case you wondered what I was doing this morning instead of working in the library.  Now it is on to the ENT docs to figure out my nasal issues...more to follow!  I got in immediately so I will be gone again tomorrow.
On Wednesday, the big Scholastic Book Fair is scheduled to arrive.  That is always fun! We are hoping to sell $3000 so we can make 50% back in book profit.  It's only going to be here a very short time so keep your fingers crossed.  Better yet, come on it and BUY some great books for Christmas gifts!
The Sprague Book Club is now reading The Perks of Being a Wallflower by Chbosky.  It is very controversial.  It will be fun to discuss what the fuss is all about.  Kinda like the F-Bomb?
I spoke with the Librarian at Crossler, and she gave me the ordering information for some really cool A-Frame displays for books.  I can't wait to order a couple for our library.  I am working on getting more comfy chairs. 
One more thing, I look forward to an all day YA book presentation in Portland on Thursday as well as my author class tomorrow night.  I can't wait to share my new lists!

No comments:

Post a Comment