Monday, November 9, 2009

Monday...Again...Weird Week

Monday, Monday...
Welcome to a very interesting week.  After a wet and wildly windy weekend, Monday arrived calmly.  The sunrise this morning was absolutly gorgeous.  Oranges and pinks and clouds like cotton candy.  What a view!  The start of today was promising...

Work began slowly.  I had a variety of quick tasks to complete.  Funny how on some days the tasks complete themselves.  One of the things on my to-do list was to check on the delivery of books that we have been waiting for.  Well, I walked into the office and there was the box! So Nineteen Minutes and Hitler's Canary have arrived at long last!  Then another order arrived...all of our mending tape! I also had a bonus delivery. I recieved a box of books from Junior Library Guild!  It felt just like Christmas!

I also have my PO number for Borders so that we (the library staff!) can go shopping!  I already have an order of YRCA books waiting for me.  I also want to take the book club kids shopping!  Speaking of he book club, we had about 10 students come to our first meeting.  What an amazing group of YA readers!  They know their stuff!  We agreed to read Hunger Games.  We are meeting again tomorrow to discuss the quick read.   I wonder what they will pick up next????

On Thursday is another webcast.  I love to tune in and get booklists of the hottest books.  This one is from School Library Journal and focuses on "Christian Lit." for teens.  This is an area that intrigues me so I am going to tune in and see what it's all about.  Perhaps I can find some new books!

So now my problem only continues to worsen!  How do I find the time to read everything out there?  I haven't even read the Dan Brown novel that I bought a couple of months ago when it came out.  I haven't even purchased Grisham.  Horrible!  I know, I know!

Any suggestions??????
And Mrs. W. thinks I have time to write my own novel!  Shsseessh! :)  At least Grisham made me feel better when he said that the first short story out of the seven in his new book has been kicked around for 20 years!  There is hope for me yet!

No comments:

Post a Comment